Wednesday, March 18, 2009

10 Best Celebrity Diet Secrets

Alicia Silverstone

Once slammed for not being stick-thin, there's one thing Alicia puts her weight loss and healthy look down to: vegetarianism. 'I swear, it's so easy,' she says. 'If you want to lose weight just focus on your health. You don't have to have a diet mentality at all if you eat healthy, plant-based foods.'

Her top tips? 'Honestly, you should add more kale and Swiss chard to your diet. Look at my skin. It works wonders. All you need to do is eat wholegrains or plant-based foods. Talk to your doctor a

bout a simple vegetarian d

iet. If you eat this way, you simply can't be fat..'


Beyoncé Knowles

According to Beyoncé and Jennifer Lopez, drinking water is a great appetite suppressant. Too boring? Jazz up your H20 like the Crazy in Love singer and add chicken or vegetable stock to it. A cup-full of heated chicken or vegetable broth will take your water from boring to tastebud-tingling, in only 20 calories.


Demi Moore

Women in their forties are far more likely to crave carbs and fat due to falling oestrogen levels. But a craving for sweets can attack at any time. Make like Demi Moore and satisfy the sugar-pull by snacking on apple slices with peanut butter. It's one treat that won't ruin your weight-loss plan.


Gwyneth Paltrow

If you follow the 'one for you, one for me' school of feeding your kids, your girth-line's bound to grow. Don't banish your children's favourite snacks, just do what Gwyneth does, and, when mini me's enjoying a sweetie snack, make a healthy version, like celery boats with low-fat cream cheese and raisin, frozen grapes and strawberry smoothies.


Jennifer Garner

Jennifer Garner is often spotted at the Santa Monica farmers market, which sells only the freshest, local, organically-grown produce. She took time to lose her post-pregnancy weight. 'What helped me there was not feeling the pressure that I had to lose all the weight in five minutes. It took me six months to lose the weight. I took that time to be a mother and just play with my child. Then I woke up one day and realised I should stop stuffing my face. 'I got rid of bagels and croissants. No more waffles. Salads with protein became a part of my life again. I knew I was gonna still have a little chocolate every single day. 'The point is, you can't go overboard. I know I'll just gain more back. Plus you don't want to be this exhausted mother all the time who doesn't eat.'


Kate Hudson

Anyone see Kate Hudson's perfectly-formed peachy bottom plastered all over the papers this week? You can't have missed it. Just how did she achieve such cheeky perfection? A smart eating plan that includes a lot of sushi, and organic food wherever possible. Kate was given a hard time over piling on pregnancy pounds. 'The tabloids were tough on me, but I ate well and exercised. The weight just came off. Now I have no issues with my body. I don't have time in life to worry about it.'


Meryl Streep

The legendary actress admits that, after taking her motherly therapist character to the extreme in last year's Prime, she had to shape-up to play a hard-nosed fashionista in The Devil Wears Prada. 'I had to fit into all these high-fashion clothes for The Devil Wears Prada, so I had to go on a little diet,' she confesses. Her secret? 'Push that wine bottle away after the first glass. That's what I did for Prada.'


Rihanna

'It's all about trying to eat healthy and be in the gym to feel better. If you look at it that way, and not like you're trying to lose weight, then it's more successful,' explains the Umbrella singer. Her diet includes veggies, egg whites, and fruit as snacks, plus shed loads of water. 'Carbs are the enemy,' she insists.


Sharon Stone

Ever wondered how Sharon Stone looks so fabulous at 50? She snacks on prunes which, according to Dr Maoshing Ni, Hollywood's hottest doctor of Chinese medicine and an authority on anti-ageing, not only contain wrinkle-beating properties (vitamin E) but also prevent tummy bloating and ease elimination with a natural laxative-like effect.


Carrie Underwood

American Idol winner and country singing star Carrie Underwood has gone from a size 6 (UK10) to a size 2 (UK6). How did she do it? 'I've got one rule,' she says. 'Never skip breakfast.' Her morning munchie is usually a Luna Bar - a protein bar available at health shops. Any other secrets to her weight-loss? 'It's not because of any radical diet. It's the little things like cutting out the margaritas and daiquiris, replacing sugary drinks with green tea, and white breads with wholegrains.'

By Marieclaire

0 comments:

The Fashion Revue